Diet and exercise synergize to improve endothelial function, the ability of our arteries to relax normally.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
This is a follow-up video to Turmeric Curcumin vs. Exercise for Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Turmeric-Curcumin-vs-Exercise-for-Artery-Function).
Endothelial dysfunction is at the heart (pun intended :) of many of our deadliest diseases. Pledge (http://plantricianproject.org/SaveEC) to save your endothelial cells and check out some of these other videos about the effects of food on our endothelial function:
• Coffee and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/coffee-and-artery-function/)
• Walnuts and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/walnuts-and-artery-function/)
• Dark Chocolate and Artery Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/)
• Eggs and Arterial Function (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eggs-and-arterial-function/)
• The Power of NO (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-power-of-no/)
• How Does Meat Cause Inflammation? (http://nutritionfacts.org/2012/09/20/why-meat-causes-inflammation/)
For more on the concept of nutrient synergy, see Garden Variety Anti-Inflammation (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/garden-variety-anti-inflammation/) and Cranberries versus Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cranberries-versus-cancer/).
Regardless what you do or don’t eat, exercise is critical:
Standing Up for Your Health (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/standing-up-for-your-health/)
• How Much Exercise to Sustain Weight Loss (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-exercise-to-sustain-weight-loss/)
• Longer Life Within Walking Distance (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/longer-life-within-walking-distance/)
• Exercise vs. Drugs for Depression (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/exercise-vs-drugs-for-depression)
I must have dozens of turmeric videos by now, but here’s a few to get you started:
• Turmeric Curcumin and Osteoarthritis (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-osteoarthritis/)
• Who Shouldn’t Consume Curcumin or Turmeric? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-shouldnt-consume-curcumin-or-turmeric/)
• Turmeric Curcumin and Colon Cancer (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-colon-cancer/)
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/heart-of-gold-turmeric-vs-exercise and he’ll try to answer it!
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Podcast: http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
• Subscribe: http://http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate